That time of year is again upon us. I would like to post here so we can have an idea of who can go to which event.
1. Guy Hilberio is inviting us to attend and provide reenactors for an event at the clark cemetery 10am on March 31. jnmodeler is suggesting meeting at shell nlex at 8am. PS uniform is requested but PA uniforms will also be an option. 3 horses will be provided for those appearing in Cavalry uniforms. The US ambassador will be the main guest.
1. Jnmodeler 2. Hartman...right guys?
2. The main show! Mt Samat on April 9. this is a SOLEMN commemoration of the battle of Bataan. We will be there to provide reenactors in memory of those who sacrificed in the defense of the Bataan peninsula in 1941-42. This is the main government commemoration of the event. Details to follow as they beome known. This is a whole day commitment probably starting at the early morning of the 9th.
1. labrador 2. jnmodeler 3. rap siojo
3. Bataan death march commemoration at Capas on April 10. We've been invited to provide reenactors for an event commemorating the events of the death march. This is a controversial event for many reenactors as it commemorates a defeat and humiliation of our forces but is traditionally the main thing that people remember about the bataan campaign.
Please everyone, let us know your availability, Let us know if you need or can provide transportation, if you have any questions please ask them in this thread. I will add more events as i learn about them and will continually update info on each. SIGN UP GUYS!
Good luck guys. Now you're getting invited to all these events.
I think the death march is only a bit distasteful to reenactors because organizers want some form of reenactment or depiction of it. But remembering and memorializing it in of itself is not a bad thing. In fact this weekend thousands of people are running/hiking a 26 mile marathon at White Sands, New Mexico to memorialize this event.
actually, now that i think of it, i hike or run for charity is a good idea. Perhaps next time. Far as i know, yes the organizers want a re-enactment. Needless to say, our japanese reenactors are really excited. hehe.
Post by jnmodeller on Mar 29, 2011 22:05:10 GMT -5
Here are more sched for April Festivities given by Gen. Resty Aguilar.
Veterans Week Activities 2011
Event Date & Time Place / Venue Guest of Honor Remarks
1) Handog sa Beterano 31 Mar 2011 3PM AFP Theater, Camp Aguinaldo, QC Sec. Voltaire T Gazmin, SND Photo Exhibit, Book Launching & Concert
2) Lakad Parangal Para sa Beterano 3 Apr 2011 PA Parade Ground, Fort Bonifacio, MM Hon. Leon G Flores III, Chmn & CEO, NYC Walk for the Veterans
3) Sunrise Ceremony 5 Apr 2011 6AM Libingan ng mga Bayani, Taguig City Lt Gen Arturo B Ortiz, CG PA Honoring the deceased Veterans
4) Wreath Laying Ceremony 5 Apr 2011 7AM Libingan ng mga Bayani, Taguig City Sec. Voltaire T Gazmin, SND Wreath Laying at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
5) Review in Honor of the Veterans 5 Apr 2011 9AM PA Parade Ground, Fort Bonifacio, MM Hon. Rodolfo G Biazon, Rep., Lone Distr of Muntinlupa Parade and Review
6) Araw ng Kagitingan 9 Apr 2011 9AM Mt. Samat Shrine, Pilar, Bataan HE Benigno SC Aquino III, President of the Philippines Arrival Honors for PNoy, Wreath Laying, Program Proper, Departure Honor for PNoy
6) Paggunita sa Capas 10 Apr 2011 9AM Capas National Shrine, Capas, Tarlac Sec. Voltaire T Gazmin, SND Wreath Laying, Program Proper, Unveiling of the Defenders Hall Signage