Post by legionnaire on Sept 22, 2012 11:49:42 GMT -5
No. 1 Victoria Street plaque
"On this site once stood the headquarters of Gen. Douglas MacArthur, Commanding General of the United States Army Forces in the Far East (USAFFE) Popularly known as "No. 1 Victoria St." it was located opposite the USAFFE Headquarters at the Reducto San Pedro.
No. 1 Victoria was abandoned during the retreat of the Filipino-American forces to Bataan in 1941. Used as barracks by the Japanese occupation forces, it was destroyed during the Battle of Manila in 1945.
Cuartel De Santa Lucia ( Santa Lucia Barracks)
used as barracks by the Philippine Constabulary in 1901, became the Philippine Officers School Feb. 17, 1905, then transferred to Baguio City in 1908, later to become the Philippine Military Academy.
Last Edit: Sept 22, 2012 12:10:29 GMT -5 by legionnaire
Post by legionnaire on Sept 23, 2012 2:41:15 GMT -5
That's what the the Filipino and US soldiers wore during the 30's in the Philippines if you do some research on the net. Getting bother by the heat is the least of our concern considering the incredible sacrifices of our greatest generation of veterans during the death march.