Post by bravotwozero on Jul 13, 2010 19:10:46 GMT -5
1) Before Saturday's review. Unfortunately, my camera was set to manual, that's why the picture is blurry.
2) Here's Kristy at the display, dressed up in HBT and Daisy Mae hat. She read the book "We Band of Angels" to get some idea what the nurses went through. BTW, Philip, I just found out that you made the signs. Very impressive!
3) Kristy posing at another display.
4) The troops with our distinguished guest.
5) The Ortega brothers.
6) Civilians walking by. I believe they are mother and daughter, both of whom are also Swing dancers.
7) Other uniformed or costumed participants and displays.
Post by legionnaire on Jul 19, 2010 11:53:01 GMT -5
Thanks! Doing it at Villa Escudero why not! We were palning on doing a photoshoot there with Japanese uniforms too. As I also have a friend who knows the Escuderos quite well and we can get these plans working.
We need a dyed "khaki" canvass tarp and WWII camo netting exactly like what was used for the Fort Mac setup. I got that canvass tarp from Home depot there. As these materials are next to impossible to locate or create in Manila. Even dyes we will need from there.
The guys are slowly getting their Garands together. The WWII Military vehicle preservation society in Tarlac is slowly preparing for a bigger show on April 2011. As they are all gung ho about last April on Mt. Samat.
The Royal Navy contingent at OFMD 2010... God save the King!
I was actually there with my fiancee Susan who went as Royal Marine in the spirit of Hannah Snell. She really enjoyed herself!
I'm gonna try to get her to go as a Sanidad Militar or Josephine Bracken or something next year on one day. When you guys go as Philippine Revolutionary soldados so we can all maybe join up with the Spanish reenactors against Los Gringos.
Would it be okay if I had an airsoft Mauser instead of a real one with blanks?
Last Edit: Aug 18, 2010 2:08:34 GMT -5 by 79thfoot